By Revae Hitt
Legislation & Advocacy Committee
Go to senate.gov to search the D.C. office contact info for California U.S. senators or call the capitol switchboard at (202) 224-3121.
It is best to contact each senator’s local office:
50 United Nations Plaza, Suite 5584
San Francisco, CA 94102
One Post Street, Suite 2450
San Francisco, CA 94104
Go to house.gov to find your U.S. representative using your zip code, then search for their local office contact info. Or, you can call the capitol switchboard at (202) 225-3121.
You can leave a message for the white house here: whitehouse.gov/contact/. You can also call the white house switchboard at 202-456-1414.
Visit findyourrep.legislature.ca.gov to find contact information for your state legislators.
You can leave a message for the governor of California here: govapps.gov.ca.gov.
Tips on calling the offices of elected officials
- Every call is logged by staff members so it’s best to be clear, specific, and short
- Ask to speak to the staff member who handles the bill or issue that interests you
- Tell the appropriate staff person your name and that you are a constituent of your city
- Ask the staff person to inform your elected official that you either support or oppose the bill that interests you
- Let them know if you have expertise on the subject